We wanted to make a dedicated Educator’s Corner section of our site to provide free lesson ideas and activities specifically designed for teachers, librarians, and daycare providers. Oliver Poons worksheets and activities are created by a former teacher and designed to make integrating Oliver Poons in the classroom easy!
Our 100+ page workbook contains engaging, pre-made, ready-to-copy worksheets that span multiple grade levels and abilities to supplement your lesson plan.
We’ve supplemented our workbook with additional ideas for lesson plans and modifications to meet a variety of learning needs. Browse through our online content to discover even more ways to use Oliver Poons in your classroom.
Ages: Preschool, Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2
*Our workbook is made for use with our children’s book, Oliver Poons and the Bright Yellow Hat.
Learning with Oliver Poons
– Coloring Pages
– Identifying Colors
– Alphabet Recognition
– Practice Writing Alphabet
– Word Recognition
– Fry words (sight words)
– Which words rhyme?
– Which word does not rhyme with the others?
– Phonics instruction
– Short A, Short E, Short I, Short O, Short U practice
– Fill in the Blank and Question Prompts
– Sequencing & First, Then, Next, Last
– Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How Question Prompts
– Opinion & Letter Writing
– Write about the characters
– Compare and contrast characters
– Fun Cat Facts and Fun Turtle Facts
– True/False Questions with Information Sheets