Learn about cats and turtles with Oliver Poons and friends!
Our workbook’s Fun Cat Facts and Fun Turtle Facts worksheets are an engaging activity for parents to use at home or for teachers to use as a lesson plan in the classroom.
Our workbook includes the following animal facts activities:
- p. 103-104
- Fun Cat Facts True/False
- Fun Cat Facts Information Sheet
- p. 105-106
- Fun Turtle Facts True/False
- Fun Turtle Facts Information Sheet
- Ages: Preschool, Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2
*This workbook is made for use with the children’s book, Oliver Poons and the Bright Yellow Hat.
Lesson Plan Ideas
- Use as an anticipation guide before reading Oliver Poons and the Bright Yellow Hat
- Use True/False questions first as a fun test of prior knowledge then use the Information Sheet to check answers
- Work with a partner
- Read the Information Sheet and then test comprehension with True/False questions
- Teacher reads Fact #1 on the Information Sheet, then students write answer to True/False question #1. (Continue in this fashion for each fact.)
- Teacher reads the Information Sheet aloud. Students take notes and then complete True/False questions.
- Use knowledge gained from these activities for informational writing.
- Do additional research on cats and turtles.
- Design a “How to” book on caring for a cat or turtle.